The Alabama Peanut Producers Association recently exhibited at the Alabama School Food Service and Nutrition Expo held March 13-14, 2014, at the Birmingham-Jefferson Civic Center in Birmingham, Ala. Peanut samples and peanut recipes, including school food service recipes, were distributed to the hundreds visiting the show. A new peanut butter promotional banner was displayed for the first time at the show that served as both an educational prop and a photo background. The theme for the banner, “A Healthy American Classic: PB&J,” delivered a nutritious message and featured a framed photo of a child eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. A special photo frame was used as a prop for people who wanted to pose by the pb&j banner photo. Those attending the expo included members from the Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals, Alabama Dietetic Association and the Alabama School Nutrition Association.
- Peanut Leadership Academy Class XIII hosts first session
- State Peanut Organizations Seek National Peanut Board Nominees
- Jan/Feb 2024 – Southeastern Peanut Farmer
- U.S. Congress Passes Stop-Gap Funding Bill: Includes Farm Bill Extension
- Nominations open for 2024 Outstanding Georgia Young Peanut Farmer Award