Members of two 2014 March of Dimes Peanut Teams for Mobile County and the Dothan-Houston County area, joined hundreds recently by participating in the March of Dimes’ annual March for Babies events held April 26, 2014. The events were held at the Geri Moulton Children’s Park in Mobile and at Westgate Park in Dothan, Alabama. This marks the fifth consecutive year the Alabama Peanut Producers Association has sponsored the Kids Activities tent at both of these events. Children of all ages and their parents visited the peanut tent to make arts and crafts, sample peanuts and get information on the health benefits of peanuts. Such walks are held across the U.S. to help raise money so the March of Dimes can fund research and help prevent prematurity and birth defects. Representatives from the APPA, Alfa Women’s Committee and the National Peanut Festival made up the peanut teams for this year’s events.
- U.S. Congress Passes Stop-Gap Funding Bill: Includes Farm Bill Extension
- Nominations open for 2024 Outstanding Georgia Young Peanut Farmer Award
- 47th annual Georgia Peanut Farm Show set for Jan. 18, 2024, in Tifton
- USPF Participates in Washington, D.C. Event for Worldwide Hunger
- Oct/Nov 2023 – Southeastern Peanut Farmer